Real Side Effects of SSRI's
The side effects listed below are from people that actually use or have used SSRI's.
If you are experiencing any of these side effects and have wondered if it was just you, you are not alone.
Home | Therapies | Practitioners | Courses | Updates | Contact Us
Updated December 14, 2003 by
Real SSRI Side Effects.
How to Quit Antidepressants
- Mind racing and unable to control thoughts and processes of the mind.
- Panic attacks worsening.
- Hot surges running through body.
- Horrible nightmares.
- Obsessive thoughts. (Going to lose it and kill somebody)
- Just can't seem to feel any more.
- Feeling like a zombie. Absolutely emotionless.
- Physically numb. Could not even feel the water hit my body in the shower.
- Lost all taste of food.
- Severe dizziness. Felt like going to pass out or lose control.
- Sleeping with light on because of the fear.
- Feel disconnected. Really drugged out most of the time.
- Heart palpitations and tightness in the head.
- Flashes of memories and images from the past. (Uncontrollable)
- Drugs have taken personal identity away, made feel unable to function like a normal human being.
- Completely lost grip and hate to go out and be around people. Don't even feel comfortable with family.
- Feeling like it will never end.
- Feeling foggy and drugged out.
- Urge to jump out of a fast moving car.
- Feeling like I need to take life to end all of this.
- Extreme head pain.
- More depressed than before starting SSRI's.
- Not sure will ever be your old self again.
- A feeling of unreality.
- Convinced of having some rare and fatal disease.
- Hormones go completely wild during menstruation. (Never happened before SSRI usage)
- fatigue and problem in hands (predominantly left)
which has become less tremors, more pain and slight stiffness and is
spreading up (left) arm and into shoulder.
- Head and body seem to feel detached from each other.
- Feeling like "in Hell." Can't go to see doctor or to the hospital because I am afraid they will prescribe more medication or put me in the mental ward.
- Bleeding from the nose, heavily.
- Feeling like electrical current is running up and down spine
- Memory loss with apathy
- In a fog, can't concentrate
- Nipple discharge
- Loss of sex drive
- Manic/depressive episodes
- Weight gain of over 40 pounds
- (List of side effects from one individual since starting SSRI's) Mind racing, nightmares, obsessive thoughts, can't "feel" anymore, zombie, disconnected, memory flashes, hate to be around people, feeling like it will never end, foggy, urge to jump out of fast moving car, more depressed, not
sure will ever be old self again, feeling of unreality, numbness in pinky and ring finger on left hand and sever chills.
- Head jerking and muscle spasms
- Numbness in genitals
- Memory loss
- Loss of sexual drive
- Swelled penis
- Sudden and excessive weight gain
- Hating people, do not want to be around people anymore
- Tremors, sudden jerky movements of muscles, extreme sensitivity to sound
- Out of control, divorced husband that was loved and now can't even explain why. Hopeless
- Inner restlessness
- Can't focus, hard to read words
- Worsening of acne
- Falling asleep at random times and not even remembering it (people telling the person this is happening)
- Can hardly stand to look at anything anymore
- Severe hot flashes while asleep
- Difficult having an orgasm
- Very aggressive dreams, dream of having battles with people from past
- Severe mood changes, tremors in hands more hyperactive
- Heavy sweating and electrical shocks that seem to come from within the side of the head
- Milky discharge from nipples and very hot flashes and sweating while asleep
- Can't seeeee comptur skrenn clearrlyyyy
- Breast are getting larger, nipples harder and sticking out about 1" and swelling
- Awake several nights of the week all night and have gained 30 pounds in less than one year
- Urge to drink excessively, never had this problem before. Feel like in pure hell, manic one moment, deeply depressed the next, severe headaches, sweating, nightmares, panic and fear
- Feet stay cold and can't seem to get them warm
- Have not had sex for over one year since starting Prozac
- Need for increased dose for same symptom, depression and severe cleaning compulsion are back and already at 100 mg daily of Prozac
- I quit, doing crazy things. On the way to work stopped and got a tattoo. Hate tattoos!
- Sleepy all of the time
- Dramatic weight loss
- Manic depression, numbness of body, tremors, racing thoughts, hot flashes, hallucinations, voices and echoes
- Excessive or "fake" happiness-not able to feel "normal" sadness or cry at all
- Feeling like an incomplete person without sexual feelings
- Feel like going to stop breathing
- Cold for hours after jogging
- Extremely paranoid, feeling like someone is standing outside of the shower with a knife-ready to kill me, constantly looking over my shoulder all of the time and jumping at every noise
- Muscle and joint pains
- Strange and vivid dreams with erratic sleep patterns
- Nightmares, flashbacks, severe night sweats and feel sense of unrest
- No emotion and brain twitches
- Felt like on a come down from acid for the whole time taking SSRI, saw tracers (shadows when things were moving) could not sleep, felt suicidal and more depressed than before
- Itchy, rashes on inside of legs, knees, under arms and back, hot sweats and flushes, very depressed, being very rude and short tempered
- Severe mood swings, angry most of the time and violent
- Lost everything
- Lost job
- dizziness and low blood sugar
- Just don't care anymore
- Flash anger, verbal aggression and uncontrolled bouts of swearing
- Pain in the lower left hand side of the stomach
- Sleeping A LOT (13 hours a night)
- Self mutilation
- Cutting self
- Tongue pain at night
- Ears ring all the time since I've been on Paxil
- Total inability to have an orgasm (I am female). This never happened to me before I took Prozac
- Breathing Difficulty
- Uncontrollable bouts of anger during which I can't even talk to anyone- totally overreacting to different situations.
- Delayed sleep pattern, 1 hour later each day, turning the clock around during one year
- Craving for sugar or protein or vitamin c
- Changing my mind every minute, completely paranoid
- Completely paralyzed by not knowing what to do or where I was going or what I can do when I feel like this
- Delayed ejaculation and subtle loss of genital sensitivity--still persists 3 years after finishing medication
- Annoying dizzy spells that have intensified the longer I have been off of Paxil
- Alzheimer's Condition dramatically accelerated in my 82 year old mother immediately following Paxil
- Hot flashes and profuse sweating
- After two days, woke up with left hand and arm numb, feel disconnected, headachy and anxious
- Heard noises that weren't real: electronic humming/buzzing, doorbells, and voices. Would look for source, but find nothing. Sometimes, just moving my head would make the noises change or go away.
- TONGUE FEELS LIKE IT HAS BEEN STUCK IN AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET
- Severe constipation even Metamucil is not working feeling real bloated and starting to get depressed
For tech support, contact webmaster